How does LambdaSchool’s Reimbursement Guarantee work? Will my tuition be reimbursed if I don’t find a developer job?
LambdaSchool makes a two way promise: If you do the work, you will land a job as a developer. If you do the work and do not land a job as a developer, we’ll completely refund your tuition.
- You’ll get a paying job in the web development industry
- Within 270 days of graduating
- This may include full-time, contract-to-hire, contractor, and internship positions
- Note: this applies to full-time students only
Here’s what you’ll need to do to be eligible:
- You must complete each project on time and pass each assessment.
- You must not have any uncleared absences.
- You must complete all career prep assignments.
- You must reply to requests from the outcomes team within 72hrs.
- After graduation you must apply to at least 10 software development jobs per week and submit weekly job search logs to our Career Support team.
- 3 of the 10 weekly job applications must be sent through networking (personal connection, personal connection, or cold outreach).
- You must track all correspondence related to your job search and be able to furnish details upon reimbursement request relating to employer, position, date of submission, and application materials. (Usually keeping track of your emails will do)
- You must be a fluent English writer and speaker.
- You must be eligible to work in the metropolitan area(s) and country you choose for the 18 months after your graduation.
- You must be willing to accept a job in the web developer field if offered. If you decline a role in the software development field, you are no longer eligible for the guarantee.
- If you live in a rural area, it is difficult for LambdaSchool to guarantee you a job. So you must live in one of these top 24 major North American metro areas encompassing over 100 cities: Metro Atlanta, Greater Austin, Greater Boston, Chicago Metropolitan Area, Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, Las Vegas Valley, Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, Miami Metropolitan Area, New York Metropolitan Area, Greater Portland, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle Metropolitan Area, Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan Area, Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, Delaware Valley (Philadelphia), Minneapolis-Saint Paul, San Diego County, Metro Phoenix, Metro Vancouver, Metro Detroit, Raleigh-Cary ‘Triangle’, Wasatch Front/Salt Lake City and Greater Houston.
If you do not live in one of these areas, you have two options:
- Enroll anyway and waive the tuition reimbursement guarantee.
- Focus your job search on any two metro areas on this list, and we guarantee you'll get a job creating software in one of these two cities. You must be willing to relocate to one of these cities at your own expense upon graduation.
Graduate must explicitly request their reimbursement within one calendar month after the job search is complete. Failure to provide timely notice will void the guarantee.